Frequently Asked Questions
Our most frequently asked questions
- > Are we a ‘normal’ estate agent?
We are the same as a high street agent – we just cost less, a lot less, as we don’t have expensive, shiny offices. Other than that we pretty much do everything you would expect from a more traditional agent.
- > How much do we charge?
This depends on which option you choose, Pay UpFront is £996 – inc VAT, Pay Later and we’ll charge just 0.5% – when you sell the property. Then you can choose optional extras like an EPC certificate, solicitor fees etc. Both our options include photographs and a dedicated property manager.
- > Why are we so cheap?
Because we don’t have expensive, shiny offices and because we’re ‘online’ we’re not restricted to a local area – we are nationwide. That way we can pass big savings onto you.
- > How much does it cost to sell?
Selling a property can be a costly business not only with agency fees but also legal fees, mortgage fees and insurance fees – House Tree have got the experience and network to help you move more efficiently and cost-effectively.
- > Do we advertise on top portals like Rightmove and Zoopla?
Yes, we will market your property on Rightmove (www.rightmove.co.uk) and Zoopla (www.zoopla.co.uk).
- > How long will you market my property for?
We market your property for up to two years, after this time a re-listing fee of £180 will apply to cover your property marketing for the following six months.
- > How are the viewings and offers arranged?
House Tree work with you and the viewer to find the best time for appointments, all our viewings are booked through a central system and all parties receive confirmation of dates and times. We will also help you get the best possible price for your property and ensure all offers are genuine.
- > What are the benefits to using us?
The obvious one is cost, House Tree can literally save you thousands in agency fees, which you could use for a new kitchen or new carpets. Because we are a national agent your property is marketed to the whole of the UK which is of a real advantage for people who are looking to buy a property from further afield.
- > How long does it take to market my property?
We aim to get all properties on the market within seven working days if not sooner. Once signed up we will send our local Agent round to measure up and take any professional photographs within a few days.
- > How do I get you to market my property?
If you want to market with us it really is very simple, you can either call us on 0207 060 4674 or alternatively do everything online.
- > Do we offer legal conveyancing?
We offer a great legal deal that covers all your conveyancing requirements for just £695.
- > Do we offer mortgage broker and insurance services?Our mortgage and insurance referrals are all handled by one the UK’s largest independent brokers. They have access to all products available from all UK mortgage lenders and insurers – which means they can find the best mortgage, home/contents insurance and life policy products to suit you.